THE SPIRIT ROCK
IS YOURS TO RENT!
The Rock is officially available to rent!
What is a Spirit Rock?
Parents, Students & Staff have the opportunity to "Rent the Rock" to recognize a student's birthday, show school spirit, thank or recognize a teacher or staff member, congratulatory events, etc. It is a great way to spread positive messages and increase excitement in our community!
Use #ererocks to share your photos!
How can you rent the rock? It’s simple!
STEP 1: Open the link below Sign Up Genius and reserve a date(s) (they are first come first serve!).
STEP 2: Once you reserve the dates, click below for your payment - 1, 2, or 3 days.
- You MUST check Signup Genius to see if your date is available. If it is, it will say: SIGN UP
- If it is NOT available, it will say: SLOTS FULL
- Please DO NOT pay for a date if it is already taken on Signup Genius.
- If you RESERVE THE DATE on Signup Genius and do not pay for it (on this site) that same day, your reservation could be cancelled.
Here's What You Need to Know
You may begin painting at 4:00 pm on the day prior to your reservation. Reserve the date you want! Once reserved you have the rock for 24 hours, from 4:00 pm on the afternoon prior to your reserved day until 4:00 p.m. the reserved day. (If your child's birthday is on July 2 - book July 2. Then at 4:00 p.m. on July 1st, you may begin painting). The Spirit Rock you are renting is located near our school's marquee.
How much does it cost to rent the rock and how do I pay?
The rock rental is $25/day and can be reserved for 1 or more days. 100% of your donation goes to ERE PTA.
Payments must be made at the time of sign up following the PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS [STEP 1 and STEP 2] above.
Assume your reservation is accepted unless notified.
What supplies do I need?
You will typically need:
- 3+ cans of spray paint for the base coat (if using a dark color, may need more if the background is light) and additional paint (acrylic or house paint) for your design
- Paper towels, rags or wipes
- A cup of water to clean brushes (if applicable)
- Protective clothing &/or gloves to protect your hands.
- Small trash bag to collect trash
For more intricate designs, craft paint (acrylic), foam brushes or even stencils work great! All supplies must be removed and the area around the rock must be left as you found it. Please clean up after yourself and do not leave any paint or materials on or around the rock or on school property.
What can I reserve the rock for?
You can reserve the rock for anything!! A student's birthday, thank a teacher or staff member, congratulatory events, good luck on competitions and tournaments, recognizing milestones… The rock is a fun way to spread any kind of positive message. We will not allow any bullying, profanity, obscenity or derogatory language. Please refrain from any political, religious or discriminatory remarks. If there is any question to the wording or symbols painted on the rock, we reserve the right to remove/repaint the rock without notice.
What if I reserve the rock and the weather is bad?
The rock can be towel dried and the paint will adhere even in the rain and or snow if you want to brave the elements. If painting in the rain or snow is not your thing, revisit the calendar and pick the next available date! We apologize we are unable to make refunds.
Can the PTA paint the rock for me?
Sorry. The ERE PTA won't be able to paint the rock for you. You can always find someone to paint it for you, but painting the rock is fun, and we are sure that no matter what you do, the person you are painting it for will love it, so give it a shot. The rock is LARGE. You can choose to paint only 1 side or all of the sides or share it with another family!
What if the rock is already reserved on the date I want?
Rock reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis so make your reservations NOW!! If the date you want is already reserved, choose the next available date, either before or after.
For additional questions or to provide feedback please contact [email protected]
Additional Tips & Tricks...
- Premium spray paint works best (Rustoleum, etc) vs. a generic store brand.
- 3 cans of spray paint should cover the entire rock for your base coat. You will probably need to spray it a few times for complete coverage. You will need more cans if you are changing a dark background to a lighter color.
- Once you have the base coat done, use chalk to sketch out your design. Try to do large shapes so that it’s easy to see from the road and so that you can use spray paint for most of it.
- Stand a distance away from the rock to make sure you can see the design.
- Spray paint your large areas. If you mess up, use your base coat color to fix the mistake.
- For more detailed areas, use a can/tube of paint and a paintbrush. While outdoor latex paint is best, regular artists' acrylic seems to work well too (even in rain).
- Bring paper towels to wipe any drips
- Bring a cup of water if you are using a paintbrush.
- Wearing rubber gloves will help keep your hands clean.
- Don't forget to PAY!!
Have fun and email photos to us to share on our PTA FB page or use #ererocks to share your photos!
Contact the PTA - [email protected]
Eagle Ridge Elementary School | 7716 Timberline Road, Lone Tree, Colorado 80124